Church of San Paolo and Holy Stairs

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lpZ4Bp23W_c/ThIWVQb5mBI/AAAAAAAAKJk/1hB1_HbGUpw/DSCF4643.JPG

The Holy Stairs are in Campli, next to the church of San Paolo. The stairway was erected in 1776. It consists of 28 olive wood steps to be ascended on one’s knees for the remission of sins.

Posted in Abbeys, hermitages and shrines, Hill, Teramo | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Campli

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQAr4bhZk5I/ThIWa9yB92I/AAAAAAAAKJ8/6c2T7phr9X0/DSCF4649.JPG

Campli, about 8,000 inhabitants, is located in the province of Teramo, at the foot of the Mountains of Laga. In 1538 Charles V gave Campli in dowry to Ottavio Farnese. The Farnese family held the town until 1734. Then the …

Posted in Hill, Teramo | Tagged , , | Leave a comment