The archaeological museum A. De Nino is located in Alfedena, in the province of L’Aquila, on the edge of the National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise, on the site of the vast necropolis of ancient Aufidena , city of the Samnites Pentri. The origins of Aufidena date from the seventh century BC. In 298 BC, the Romans plundered and conquered the city during the third Samnite war.
The museum shows interesting finds from the necropolis of Campo Consolino and the settlement of Curino. It was named after the archaeologist Antonio De Nino (Pratola Peligna 1833 – Sulmona 1907), the first to conduct archaeological research in Alfedena.
For information on the opening hours, we advise to contact the town of Alfedena at +39 0864 87114.