Montone

 Montone, gorgeous hamlet of Mosciano Sant’Angelo, rises on a hill 5 km from Mosciano S.A., on the road to Giulianova. Three brick towers (clock tower, central tower and south-west tower) are left of the old fortifications, whose first construction dates back to the thirteenth century.

In Montone are the parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, the church of Sant’Anna and the church of Sant’Antonio Abate, in which the sepulchre of Bucciarello of 1390 is kept.

This entry was posted in Hill, Teramo, Villages and cities of art and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply