Palmoli is a village in the hinterland of Vasto, which is characterized by the marquise castle on the hilltop. The encastellation dates back to the year one thousand, but various aggregates – today well preserved – were built later. The restoration of the annexed chapel is currently suspended. The great tower houses a well-maintained museum of rural culture with the addition of some archaeological finds in the area. The parish church of Santa Maria delle Grazie was completely rebuilt in 1700 on an ancient Romanesque church.
At the east entrance to Palmoli stands the Convent of Madonna del Carmelo, a major complex in canonical Baroque. Two fountains and lovely panoramic views complete the picture of this interesting village.