Belfiore Tower, Silvi

The Belfiore tower is located in Silvi Paese. It is the only part left of the ancient Belfiore Castle, built in the XIV century to protect the medieval village of Silvi that, in fact, between 1806 and 1861 took the name of Castel Belfiore, though the outpost had lost its defensive use through the centuries.

The Cerrano Tower, on the underlying coast, is visible in the gate surmounted by the Belfiore tower. In fact, both towers were in eye-connection to point out the arrival of enemies from the sea.

 

This entry was posted in Castles, fortresses and towers, Hill, Teramo and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply