The complex of Santissima Annunziata is located in Sulmona. It is one of the most representative monuments of the city, a perfect combination of late Gothic and Renaissance forms. The church dates back to 1320, but the restorations after the earthquake of 1706 gave it the current Baroque appearance. The left portal of the Palace of Santissima Annunziata, with the statues of the Doctors of the Church, dates back to the early fifteenth century. The central portal was made in 1483.
The Palace of Santissima Annunziata in Sulmona houses the civic museum with the archaeological section, the medieval-modern section, the room of the Roman Domus and the Museum of the Abruzzi-Molise popular costumes and transhumance.