The church of Santo Stefano is located in the centre of Cugnoli. It was built in the 13th century, with restorations in the 15th and 17th century. Famous is the ambo that was brought there in 1528 from the church of San Pietro. It is similar to the ambo in the church of Santa Maria del Lago in Moscufo, also made by Nicodemo da Guardiagrele. By the high altar stands a remarkable ancient stone bust of mysterious origins.
Support this website
Why donating to Visit Abruzzo? Because is a website managed by young people who love their land and aim at its tourist development respecting the environment.
Latest 10 Locations
TagsAbruzzo Abruzzo National Park Adriatic Sea Atri Beach Blue Flag capestrano Chieti Fauna Fossacesia Gabriele D'Annunzio Gran Sasso d'Italia Guardiagrele L'Aquila Lanciano Majella Majella massif Majella National Park Marsica Montesilvano Most beautiful Italian villages National Park of Gran Sasso and Laga Mountains National Park of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga Nature Reserve Ortona Penne Pescara Pescara river Pineto Popoli Province of Chieti Province of L'Aquila Province of Pescara Province of Teramo River Rocca San Giovanni Sea Sirente-Velino Regional Park Spoltore Sulmona Teramo Tower of Cerrano Marine Protected Area Trabocchi Coast trabocco Vasto