The church of San Domenico is located in Teramo, in corso di Porta Romana. Erected in early 1300 with the annexed convent, it is made up of one long nave which ends into a choir. The walls are richly frescoed. In a Renaissance aedicule on the high altar right side, there are earthenware statues by Giovanni Antonio da Lucoli (XVI century) and Michele Clerici (XVIII century). The latter was also the author of the stuccos that, together with frescoes by Gilberto Todini, decorate the adjacent Chapel of Santissimo Rosario of XVIII century.
Support this website
Why donating to Visit Abruzzo? Because is a website managed by young people who love their land and aim at its tourist development respecting the environment.
Latest 10 Locations
TagsAbruzzo Abruzzo National Park Adriatic Sea Atri Beach Blue Flag capestrano Chieti Fauna Fossacesia Gabriele D'Annunzio Gran Sasso d'Italia Guardiagrele L'Aquila Lanciano Majella Majella massif Majella National Park Marsica Montesilvano Most beautiful Italian villages National Park of Gran Sasso and Laga Mountains National Park of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga Nature Reserve Ortona Penne Pescara Pescara river Pineto Popoli Province of Chieti Province of L'Aquila Province of Pescara Province of Teramo River Rocca San Giovanni Sea Sirente-Velino Regional Park Spoltore Sulmona Teramo Tower of Cerrano Marine Protected Area Trabocchi Coast trabocco Vasto