The Crecchio Castle is located in Crecchio on a hilltop in between the Arielli and Rifago rivers. Built in XIII century by the pre-existent Tower of Ulivo, it is made up of four angle towers.
A bridge leads to the castle. The castle walls encircle a garden. On 9th September 1943, the royal Savoy family fleeing from Rome after the armistice (Vittorio Emanuele III, the Queen, Prince Umberto, Badoglio and the whole general staff) were accommodated in the castle.