The shrine and convent of Santa Maria dei Lumi are located in Civitella del Tronto. The monastic complex was built in 1466 by St. Giacomo della Marca on a hill in front of the village. Occupied during the history by the besiegers of Civitella, it has undergone several restorations.
The church is preceded by a portico with Romanesque arches. The interior shows the restoration of the 19th century. The high altar preserves the Madonna dei Lumi, a beautiful Renaissance-style polychrome wooden statue of a Madonna and Child, made in 1489 by Giovanni di Blusuccio.
Every 31st of May, a candlelight procession is held to pay homage to the Madonna.