Church of St. Lorenzo, Civitella del Tronto

The church of San Lorenzo Martire is the parish church of Civitella del Tronto. It is placed against Gate Naples, since it was turned into a bastion to defend the village from the siege of 1557. The church has a Renaissance façade, while the interior, made up of a central nave, shows its Baroque modifications of 1777.

This entry was posted in Abbeys, hermitages and shrines, Teramo and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply