Pineto, about 14.000 inhabitants, is situated on the Adriatic coast in the Province of Teramo, between Silvi and Roseto degli Abruzzi. It forms with Atri the tourist area “Lands of Cerrano” and the Tower of Cerrano Marine National Park is situated in Pineto’s municipal area as well. The town became commune in 1930. It took its name from Gabriele D’Annunzio’s poem “The rain in the pine grove (pineto)”. Today Pineto is a renowned beach resort, with camping and hotels, but most of all with its suggestive pine grove on the sea (awarded with the Blue Flag for the quality of water), the Tower of Cerrano, the cycle lane which crosses the town throughout and the Filiani park.